A Life's Pursuit: Born Empty....

Friday, July 28, 2006

Born Empty....






Hmmm...well I saw this bumper sticker last night that really provoked a lot of thought. It said, "Born Empty". In fact, the more I tried to dismiss it; the more I thought about it. Even this morning, it's still fresh. Born Empty was once a band name and a great name it is; but the truth of the statement is in question.

Is anything alive — born empty?


I think not...kinda like the air, whether you acknowledge it or not; it's still there and you are still using it. I know we as humans have a predisposition toward constant questions about the mysteries of the universe and its creator/purpose, as well as our own. I know that once you have held your newborn baby in your arms, the realization that "there MUST be something more than just me out there" takes place. Evenmoreso; they seem to come into the world with their own personalities and temperments; so part of it is you; but there is something additional there. Where or what is it coming from? Is there a holding tank of souls or energy waiting to come here?

Well some might argue that really evil people or society's monsters are born empty or become empty.... Even still, really? Something has to be in there. Don't you think? Really? Is there susch a thing as "born empty"?




Hmmm...I think I want to rent the old 1960 version of Night of the Living Dead this weekend...

No comments: