A Life's Pursuit: I Now Pronounce You Bride and Bride

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Now Pronounce You Bride and Bride



I watched the news last night as I always say to my wife "to see who shot who where." As always, the news does not disappoint. There were plenty of topics to be consumed by or at least think about later. I guess it's just human nature to thrive on ignorance or just a sign of the times....give or take several grams of stupidity.

Let's assume that everybody knows coffee is hot; so you expect hot things to be treated in a "hot" manner. Knowing that, somehow I can sue and win cause the coffee was hot; but you didn't tell me how hot or be careful. Essentially I can sue you for something "I" did or didn't do that's "my" neglegence cause you didn't stop me. hmmm....

Let's assume that I know stealing something that was someone else's is "wrong" but because of my "bad" childhood, I think that I should be let go because I cannot help it or I had bad parents; why not even a bad neighborhood that made me that way. I could probably sue on the grounds that "you" made it easy for me to do because you had it close to the door, or out in plain view, or even trusted me in the first place—so it's your fault that I stole it.




Let's assume I was "gay" and by definition; like "coffee," I knew I was "hot" but wanted to be regarded as something "cold" and treated the same as "ice cream." What if I was a man/woman but wanted to be viewed as a woman, chose to live as a woman and have the same privildges as a woman/man?

What if I took an "african lion" and shaved it like a poodle, treated it like a poodle and dressed it like a "Paris Hilton pet." I let it out to play with other dogs in the neighborhood, I let all the children call it a poodle and pet it all the time, I even took it with me shopping. But something was clearly "wrong." Real "poodles" aren't several hundred pounds; nor do they eat children, people or other dogs.

It's clear that something is "wrong" and there is some "stinkin thinkin" filling the stars and stripes of American society. Will we become "Star Spandex Pigs" wollering in the mud of tollerance that hides the lies, blashphemy, illusion. Let's not kid ourselves; we make every attempt to blur the lines between right and wrong, between is and is and between tollerance and ignorance. I noticed on Comedy Central, one of the comedian was free to say (and said several times) "gd this" and "gd that;" but they were bleeping the "F" word and "S" words. Are we SO DETERMINED to forget our identity, erase our heritage, disown our "God DNA?" Even if I didn't believe, I would have enough respect not to even speak it in case I was wrong. When does tollerance become a virus, a plague, a holocaust?

Sexual preference is your choice; don't force it on everybody else. I tend to accept what comes with the choices I make. Marriage is the choice of man and woman; that's its definition; and so far, that definition is taken.

YES, I have several "gay" friends whom I consider great people. No, I don't have to agree with everything anyone else believes; but there are some common grounds that will hopefully remain "sacred." There are things people will always disagree about; and that's fine.

Two peas in a pod; don't make a couple.





hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine; but we can have another name besides "marriage" because we are just as committed as you heteros!