A Life's Pursuit: Priceless Things

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Priceless Things

president and popsicle
Suntan lotion, $2.95. A dozen banana popsicles, $3.65. Letting your hair down on a warm beach directly above hidden weapons of mass destruction, priceless!



It may be hard to believe that in a capitalistic society like ours; something exists that cannot be bought. I was just thinking as January slides by, how many wonderful things I have that I just wouldn't trade for ALL the money in the world. These are a few of my favorite things:


A Good Partner Everything is better even when it's worse with a good partner. Heavy loads are more bearable. Sad times aren't so bad. Great moments are pinnacle. My pickle keeps life interesting, funny and changing. Sharing your heart with someone is a win win for each individual involved. Life is too short only being part of yourself. Those bridges take lots of time and even more trust; but they cannot be bought. Somebody always has more "something" to make the purchase, if it's only about the "stuff".


Good Friends There aren't many folks you can pull to your inner self and claim as friends who are after your better interests. I am fortunate to have a few. It is a number I deliberately keep small. I am kinda like the morning dove; I unite for life — unless, I have good reason NOT to. Then done is done and I don't look back, come back or think back. Good friends can call out of the blue or just sense your essense even from miles away when something is wrong. They don't even need words most times. New friends can be made/found in the stangest of places. The stars twinkle bright from both sides.


Good Food My biggest expense is FOOD! I love to eat and I love to cook. My wifey is even gotten really good at cooking thanks to some "good friends." There is just something to be said for openning the door to your home and immediately being assaulted by the aroma of something good cookin. Speaking of which, if anyone has a really good cornbread recipe — SEND IT! If you are fortunate enough to have all three; a good partner, friends and food; then you will grow more of the same....and good things multiply smiles....and if the whole world is smiling; perhaps we can get our troops back to their families too.

frog at desk

No comments: