A Life's Pursuit: Being Black in the Art Community.

Thursday, April 08, 2021

Being Black in the Art Community.

I accidentally found this video but a little behind the scene background first. I came across some great art and eventually found the artist on youtube. I guess I was surprised to see that he was indeed black. Guess that should not have shocked me but it did. Very insightful video about an experience that I shared growing up in a very small southern town always aware that I was different or out of place or creatively alone most times. That's not a complaint; its an observation and acceptance of my experience. I AM NOT A HATEMONGER nor do I support rude inconsiderate commentors; remember that if you commment. This is merely a dialogue outloud not about an incident but ANOTHER moment ....

No comments: