A Life's Pursuit: Remembering the King of POP!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Remembering the King of POP!

Michael J




Its a beautiful Wednesday in the Music City. The King of Pop is still gone and the ball of mud just keeps spinning. We have lost an icon. Regardless of the moments we trivialize most; the sum of a man's life can be weighted in the pros and cons of his effect on those around him. It is clear that this GLOBAL superstar was somewhere beyond a mere logo or icon unto himself. Something within him was/is transmitted to us, to incubate not only reflection but improvement wrapped in the smiles of a mother's hug.

Michael Jackson




I cannot say that I quite understand why I would miss someone I have never met but grew up with almost daily. I dont understand why the memories of waiting in deep anticipation of his next video with my best friend would bring back warm funny smiles. I do know that the child in all of us resonates with something lost in a searching soul still trying to recapture private things taken.The good news is that we are not alone, none of us are perfect and we all answer to ONE greater than we who capacity to love and forgive far rivals its copies. So long my distant friend Ben. I wanna be startin something. I dont care whats Bad; life itself is DANGEROUS. In HISTORY, we would all only dare dream to have touched so many in such positive ways to have grasped that WE ARE THE WORLD and it really doenst matter if we are BLACK OR WHITE. When we REMEMBER THE TIMES so richly given to us, all the slander falls OFF THE WALL and we feel the sense of VICTORY coming over us. That revelation is truely a THRILLER......

Michael Jackson, King of Pop


No comments: