A Life's Pursuit: Turkey Talk: Simple Gobbles

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turkey Talk: Simple Gobbles

Pilgrim Thanks



Its Tuesday in the Music City and there's no snow. The world moves by at a frozen pace with streams of white smoke spewing from the nostrils and lips of the people walking by. Another Thanksgiving gone; truely one of my favorite holidays. I love how it freaks out the retail market....they dont know what to do except put up Christmas stuff. Thanksgiving is probably the only time that really makes people pause to give thanks. I hate to watch people get their food and just start eating whether its a restaurant or fast food. There's a lot I dont know and even more I dont understand about the grand scheme of things; but at least I can be thankful! No I dont own the world or a private helicopter or a remote control helicopter; but I can give thanks. Everything we have comes from somewhere else and can easily return from whence it came. I dont have any of it because I am so great or have any superhero powers or saintly qualities. I was just blessed to be born in America in such a time. I didnt get to choose family, skin color, location etc but what little I have; Thanks God! I hope I serve it well. Love covers a multitude of sins....thats my saving grace mixed with just saying "thank you" at every good and bad thing.

eat Ham; Not Turkey




What is it with people who are always complaining about something? Everybody knows one. They cant enjoy the simplest things in their lives for complaining about what didnt go right, or didnt happen or dont have.... Change happens, life happens, then death happens and then change happens again. That is the nature of man. (Note: yeah, I know how loud what I didnt say speaks.) There is no question that with money you can do more; but rarely can you "be" more. That's something beyond money; something deeper than what people think of you. I am always for the underdog, for the nerd, for the forgotten and the downtrodden...they have the stuff of heroes. They have the "hero" spark waiting to ignite in its due time.

Be Thankful





Meanwhile, I sit snowless in Nashville rambling about much ado of many complaining about people complaining and being thankful simutaneously. It could ALWAYS be worse. No Job or Abraham tests for me please...Faith, Hope, Love, but the greatest of these is Love...that sums up my state of mind today in its many translations.

1 Corinthians 13

Love

 1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
thankfulness





Faith Shoppe


Get some faith from the Faith Shoppe


1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

There is usually something to be thankful for. No matter how bad we may have it, someone else has had it worse. Sometimes it's the simple things, a good drink and a laugh among friends can make life take on a whole new meaning.