A Life's Pursuit: Don't Worry Bout a Thing!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Don't Worry Bout a Thing!

Three Little Birds


I awakened to the sound of a soft falling rain lulling me to continue to sleep and remain in the confines of a warm cuddly bed; but I got up anyway. A lot of things go through your mind first thing in the morning while you go through your Bob Marley, Legendroutine. I laughed to myself about past situations that seemed bad or unsatifying and how they miraculously worked out for the better. It was funny how easy we forget not to worry. It was funny how every new something seems unlike anything else before. Funny ha ha; funny odd. I rode into the office a different way — one with wide open fields and lush green carpets all the way to the sun. I saw the cows gossiping in the morning haze. I saw the casual buzzard staring at his next victims...afterall he had plenty of time to wait. I love early mornings. To be out just before the night surrenders its secrets to the morning, you have a great opportunity to observe and reflect in a deeper way. The light is almost dark enough for you to see what isnt there normally. I slid in my Bob Marley CD as the rain quickened and activated my cruise control (besides I was very early). Marley sang away at "Three Little Birds" which I had always assumed the name was "Don't Worry;" but you know what happens when you assume. Cool lyrics that made me laugh again. Funny ha ha, funny odd.


Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou:)
Singin: dont worry bout a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: dont worry (dont worry) bout a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right!
more...


Ahhhh......time and truth mix to form a most unlikely alixer. Meanwhile, this day is beginning to drag like a wooden cart with one broken wheel, a rusted axel and a 101 yr old donkey wearing blindfolds pulling in circles.


Relaxed Lizard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog- you are a wonderful wordsmith