A Life's Pursuit: Mighty Big Little Strength

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mighty Big Little Strength






Kids are the greatest! And most of the time, they bring out the best in us. We spend our energies telling them that they can "be whoever or whatever they want," "if you can dream it; you can do it," "dream big," "always do your best," and "treat everybody like you want to be treated." It is odd that it's good enough for them; but not for us. Advice is like that. Great for everybody except the one giving it. That is an "odd normal" about we adults. The beauty with kids is that they can believe it 100% and much like "faith" itself can make marvelous things happen with extraordiary results from the least of things. I hope it's contageous. I want to stay around them, hoping that it is just that.

It's easy to become cold and calous from life's experiences. We are often reminded to have the faith, love and forgiveness of a child; but we can't. We've been down that road before and there's mud and rocks at the bottom. What we fail at long enough; we quit. We exude an enormous amount of energy NOT to repeat mistakes, be made a fool of or not to look "uncool" [save face basicly]. We cannot even dream of making a mistake in public and being embarrassed or corrected. I enjoy being at a point in life that looking silly is not a problem for me. In fact, I am probably too willing to be the nut in the salad. Life is short; laugh alot along the way and help others to do the same, even at yourself.

I struggle to return to my own age of innocence; but the scars keep tally. Even if I could; my eyes would inform me otherwise; my intuition clammering at the brakes at every turn. No, you don't have to win all the time or be right in every instance. No, you probably won't like everyone you meet. ...and no, some monsters are real. But YES, He made the ultimate sacrifice and paid the full price. YES, He can make love replace hate. ...and YES, even calm the monsters that have scarred us soul-deep. Dear Lord, help me back to the innocense of a child, to hope, dream and believe in the best of myself and of everyman...not to be a doormat; but a stairway to demonstrating that just a mustard seed can move any mountain or change the course of any river.

The laughter of children is infectious. I WANT that virus. It knows no fear.....



Hmmm.....

1 comment:

Linda Russell said...

Great blog
Loved the last line
infectious laughter!

Brilliant