A Life's Pursuit: By Wind or Bow...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

By Wind or Bow...


I have been told that everyone has a Destiny. You were created for a purpose. Some might even argue that various "books" point you in the direction of such. I was watching my new "favorite" show [HEROES] last night and could not help but notice how Destiny picks a place and time for our futures or turning points to occur in our lives. Unfortunately, there was still the opportunity for us to screw it up; but then is it Destiny or just luck of the draw? I suppose folks have argued about such things since the beginning of time and still haven't put either to bed.

All I know is that I have experienced times when I wondered if maybe this was a moment in Destiny. I know of at least 3 times I KNOW I should have died; but somehow I survived. Does luck happen more than once — I don't know? Am I really a cat and have 6 more times? I think not. I do know that it is very frustrating to believe that you do have a Destiny and not be able to decipher what it is or wonder if you have screwed it up somehow. I hate the thought of teens who have decided that there is nothing better for them and suicide was there out. Yesterday doesn't always determine how tomorrow can be. How terrible it must be to have NO hope left, to think that it is never going to change or ever get better than this. Even at 39, I am fool enuf to believe that my best days are still ahead! I am still fool enuf to believe that I can make a difference; if only to myself. I am fool enuf to believe you never surrender; never give up, win or lose. No, I don't know if you get extra points on some cosmic report card for being a fool til the end; but I know I will arrive "there" far better having maintained Hope in the better. It can always get better and it sure could have always been worse.

My Dad taught me a long time ago, around the age of 5 when I was cutting a neighbor's yard. She had a huge German Shepard that came at me. I turned to run as Dad caught me by the colar. "Don't you ever turn your back or run from a dog!" he scolded. A coke bottle and dog skull later, I never forgot that lesson....neither did the dog. Neither issue had to be revisited again. Some people are "doggish." Whatever you're facing — don't run. Maybe you get a face lift from the heat; but surely you won't have to revisit the issue again.

All in all, I have a great life and if it never gets any better; it's been pretty dog-gone good! I have already exceeded my original expectations; so I dare dream bigger. So long as there is tomorrow, there is always hope. No mountain is as tall as passionate dreams. No man/woman looking down ever sees the top. Look up to the hills from whence comes your help. Somewhere up there, your future, your hope and your Destiny lie.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I needed to read this today. Seriously. Perhaps it was Destiny.