A Life's Pursuit: Snapshot, Sweat and Sunshine

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Snapshot, Sweat and Sunshine


The sun feels so warm outside in spite of being comfortably cool behind the huge window before me. I tell you this upfront. This blog has no overarching theme. Read at your leisure. My wifey and I are entering our third week of working out together. She has really hung in there. Beyond my proudness of her for just being who she is, she's a tough little cookie. I dont hold back on working out. She's doing good. I dont remember when it started; but I only hunted (and I use that term in every sense, hunted) women whose audacity to be different made them strong enough to survive what might crush the ordinary/fickle. She's a wonder woman.


Women tend to think strange things when it comes to sweat and what men consider sexy and a whole host of other $50,000.00 assumptions. Meanwhile, this blog isnt clearing up any of those deep mysteries in spite of being fully capable. One of the trainers walked by yesterday and remarked, "if my girl would workout with me like that, I would marry her today!" My response was, "be careful what you ask for." I knew he wasnt ready for that kind of commitment yet. We, men, are always ready with the next excuse/condition. Men are masters at turning a situation back on women and even convincing them it was there fault. Maybe its just our modern culture — its always somebody else's fault. Why does it take men so long to commit, to abandon the field, to leave the game, to walk off the field? Hmmm...boy would my readers increase if I answered any of these questions; so I guess I will just be happy with you being here now. Its one of those subjects that only breeds more conversation; not answers.


I assume its from being a nerd, then a college cheerleader and now in modest disguise that I always have a heart for the "neglected side of life," for the questions that one may have noone to ask or trust and/or those who cannot bear one more joke at your expense. You know who you are. Everyone matters. Everyone counts. Nobody has to be a size 2 or have a cosmetic surgery season pass to Dr. 90210. You dont have to be a Calvin model. Just be you and really understand loving yourself; especially if there is a shortage of those who feel the same way. Now thats not a ticket to be stupid or inconsiderate; just to stand your ground. Afterall, Bill Gates still isnt a Calvin model but....he's just as famous and certainly richer. No color makes you look better than green!




Nonetheless, my little warrior princess deserves a night off. The iron and steel will still be there when we get back. Its a great night for some nice romantic date that we can just enjoy living and appreciating. That's cool too. All work and no play makes mean people....and we know what they do. Hmmm feels like a wine and candles night.

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Hope you both have a great evening. "No color makes you look better than green" is another thievable quote!