A Life's Pursuit: Dont Worry....Wait Until the Moment!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dont Worry....Wait Until the Moment!



buffalo monkey



My motto is typically not to worry about things...it's wasted energy until you actually know what's real or the outcome is actualized. Well yesterday around 2pm I got some really bad news. Unfortunately, something was COMPLETELY my fault and I had no recourse. It was clearly me in the wrong. I HATE that. I don't like mistakes and certainly not my own. They always look better from the "them" position. Better "them" than me. Anyway, the night was spent looking for mental solutions or at least some logical way of explaining my way out of this horrible mess; nothing came except "it's your fault."



worry cures


Despite sleeping well, I was dreading this day; but fully convinced that it was my medicine to take and swallow with joy. I was prepared to do that. One thing is for sure....worrying doesn't help and it certainly can add to one's stress level. However it can be a great weight-loss enhancer. I think this cartoon sums up why people worry.... In resolve, I was declared innocent and it wasn't my fault! My "out of jail card" and over-worked guardian angels were on the job. Perhaps thats what irritates people so much about Jesus. He always used the foolish to confound the wise. Somehow He is always on top of the job and always willing to extend His hand in spite of who is wrong or "undeserving." I certainly didn't feel deserving and I am certainly not perfect...but somehow His abundance and love continue to warm my cold places and teach me more in gentle ways. That would be irritating...like those people who always smile as though they knew something you don't. Notice how people who go to the movie with you that have already seen it before — no shock, no fear, no anxiety; they know how it ends. Jesus has already seen our movie; but he lets us discover the plot twists. That's generous love.

Well thats all I got for a Tuesday and it will be a long one to boot. See you in 24 hrs (or there-a-bouts). In the end....the motto stands: Don't worry 'til you got something to worry about, then don't worry at all. You may find it was a waste of good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blog
love the scuba lizard