A Life's Pursuit: Afresh With The New Old

Monday, October 02, 2006

Afresh With The New Old



There are things that just make me go "hmmmm..."
One of those delightful things is how I still love my little wife even after all this time. Extremely difficult to leave a warm bed, mornings are filled with listening to an alarm clock irritating me for at least an hour. There's no telling what the dog thinks every morning when it goes off at 5am and I get up at 6. My only saving thought is that if I had set it for 6; I might not get up til 7 — which would make me drasticly late [...and I hate being late more than I hate being right].

I press into her warm skin and feel not only the muscles beneath respond; but the very cells themselves gravitate to my point of contact. I hear her heart race at my glance, even in the darkness. Her pulse rhythmic to my attentions her blood boiling with my imagination. My happiness radiating throughout her being. What a treasure to have; what a joy to hold as close as my own life breathing as one heaven and earth. Even the wind is jealous of the rose's petals; envious of its thorns.

I am astounded by the magnetism of her warm soft skin. It keeps me close, missing it even when we are apart or other skins are closer. I am fascinated by the light in her eyes when she looks my way, the way she feeds from my presence and smile. I am terrified by her need and trust for me, that I might always remember the great treasures entrusted to me not to be taken for granted. I don't know why. I don't understand the depths or pinnacles; but I know I would be amiss without either. My relief and joy after 12 years of knowning, 5 years of dating, 1year of courting and 4 years of marriage is that the mystery continues, the romance remains and the desire grows. I made the right deal at a time of deal or no deal. I went for it and it was worth it. I won and keep on winning everyday we spend together. It sounds bizarre, even when I read it aloud silently, a soldier of 'solo' could be so content sans-solo.

It's still nice to give a good foot massage, take walks in the country, hold hands just because, or just stare into each other's eyes.



No comments: