A Life's Pursuit: Pensive Pondering Privates

Friday, September 15, 2006

Pensive Pondering Privates




They say I'm anal...severely stubborn; sometimes even conceited and self-righteous. Humph, if I wanted their opinions; I would have given it to 'em. Some of you know what I mean and others may just agree. I am not much of a bleeding heart....most people get what they got coming. Nothing lasts forever. There is always an end. Hmmm... I am sitting here wondering if I wasn't me; what would get done? But why should I care? Why am I this anal? It's ironic to me that people (myself included) judge others on what they "did"; but we judge ourselves on what we "intended." Trust me, that's a vast gulf. How do we get to a point of always giving the benefit of the doubt? How do we love like we have never been hurt? How do we trust like we have never been let down? How do we believe when no visible results exist? This is not a down-in-the-dumps blog; nor is it a woe-is-me. I actually feel great!

Speaking of "feeling" great... John F. Kennedy "felt" like his plane was level and on the right path. Clearly, the instruments presented another perception more like truth. How often do we get arrested by "feeling" rather than "fact." I try to do few things based on feelings. In the end, is it best or right or logical becomes my final discernment. I have noticed that women more often talk of "feelings" than men and that may be good or bad. I am not making any judgements on that one. However; too much of anything good is typically bad and too much of anything bad is typically worse. So you do the math.

Some say, "lets do nothing, it's Friday!" Well, Friday never stopped my train. Things still have to get done. What doesn't, makes Monday worse. I would always prefer to be busy and there is always something to do (if you really want to do something). I hate habitual laziness. It's always the same. It has a smell, sound and look. It's even contageous. I love to work and I love to play...but there is a time for each. Make every moment count! Whether its work or play or love...make every moment count. Be in that moment and own it; not a victim of it. There are signs you are a victim: maybe you have seen them.

Hello Friday. I will aggressively pursue and relentlessly overtake you into a fantastic weekend...not haunted or distracted by your memory.




Friday took all week to get here...hmmm...

No comments: