A Life's Pursuit: A Hero's Friday

Friday, September 22, 2006

A Hero's Friday








More Pics: I.T.Joe & Dr. Pacs | The Incredible Dr. Pacs | HMS Heroes Ready for Action | Christy & Unmasked Heroine

On to the good news and there is so much of it today!


Number 1: It's Friday!!! That means that the only obligations are voluntary and discretionary. That's always good. I can recharge after a long and busy week. The season is changing and I can get some things done around the house. I can hopefully do some drawing and even some coloring in my giant Superman coloring book [stop laughing at me, its very theraputic — Don't knock it til you've tried it.]


Number 2: Going home to a great wife. Regardless of how things are stressing or the rat race has stolen my mouse, home is typically my refuge. I had a great night last nite dressed as a superhero [no, not like that]. I had a gig for a HMS convention at Hilton downtown Nashville. I had a great heroine partner, and some really cool people to work for; not to mention a great mass of 200+ people to mingle and take snapshots with while I "got my big funky chicken on." In a addition, I got to meet the creator of the characters and the artist of the comic book. Cool beans! As I get older, I notice I tend to favor location, good people and pleasant energies — money is nice; but sliding down the list. I hope to have some real pictures soon of the cool costumes. Props to Gary Musick for an incredible site design, inventive crystal statues and fantastic backlit/inside glow seating and tables. Shout outs to Carmen who coordinated schedulings and events with a stressless demeanor while ignoring severe hunger with the daintiness an angel. Also to LeeAnn for some fabulous costume work. Christy of HMS did an unmatched job of coordinating the thematic accuracy and convention events. That girl deserves a raise! And last but certainly not least, my incredible partner who was a blast of fun, Ashley A.K.A. Dr. Pacs. Not to be forgotten, the doll at Bedford Falls Entertainment, Connie who doubles as Minnie Pearl, that made this cool opportunity happen. Anyone can send me some pics from the night or a link. My wife bore with my stories of "hero antics" til almost 1am before we awoke to another workday.


Number 3: I get back to the gym. My week has not allowed for proper focus on training, eating or relaxing. Equally theraputic but in a different way, working out is good for the body and also the mind, soul and emotions. It really helps clear the ole noggin of anything it might be working through.


Number 4: My son plays at the Gibson! Aside from being a great kid with a lot of talent, he is also a nice person. Lemonade doesn't grow naturally; you get to make it from the lemons of life and he's done well with making many landmark turns. He plays with Falling for Yesterday as a guitarist. I have two good sons and proud of them both.


Number 5: Seeing my nephew... Surely there will be time to see Christopher Michael. He is an amazing little bundle. He is his father spit out again. My brother Chris and wife Missy do a great job with raising him.





No comments: