A Life's Pursuit: Happy Birthday!...Celebration of Time Again

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happy Birthday!...Celebration of Time Again






Well, I enjoyed watching the shock in the eyes of my wife of four years at the opening of her birthday gifts. I NEVER anticipated being married or caring about someone so much; but I can say "at least once," I was wrong. (Some of you will take great humor in that statement.) That will be another blog. LOL.

She is my beloved "Pickle" and so it goes to have been and continue to be an incredible love story of unfathomable odds. I am pleasantly forced back in memory to our courtship, the many monuments I built and the crazy attempts to gain her eye, trust and attention. I did not hesitate to hold heaven and earth in place before her path; and after so much time; the desire is the same. I marvel at that.

I know me well and make no excuses for it...I would NEVER have imagined feeling this way. Hebrews defines faith as an action taken as though it "were" ...(jumping before you see the pool; so to speak). I treasure the thought of becoming "the groovy old couple" that everyone wants to be — still frisky, still spunky and still in love.

I remember planning the wedding, staring into the eyes of the many friends, family and na-sayers, the feeling of God being there and the movement of time and space around us. So thankful for our great pastors who took their time to slow us down and really consider the vows and how that relates to communication and the remainder of our days as one. I won't say everything has been perfect; but the rose is perfectly beautiful....well worth the thorns that guard it.

Happy Birthday, my love...don't fear TIME or its effect; it only creates evidence of our beautiful journey that continues and endures all things seen and invisble.

The LOVE STORY continues......it ONLY gets better.




hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to know how precious love is. To never want to disappoint..To feel breathless still after 14 years. To long for and receive..To give and accept.
To dream with and for..To plan for and to still live in the moment.
Such sweet tender times.
thank you for your words