A Life's Pursuit: Homeless Brilliance: Mind Matters

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Homeless Brilliance: Mind Matters

ninja vengence

"Hey big man, let me hold a dollar"



This blog is inspired by my co-blogger's image on his latest. I couldnt help but look at the image several takes. The more I thought about it, the more I grinned. I probably would have contributed. Was it true: probably not. Was it creative; almost. Would it have stopped me and made me read and consider; absolutely. It reminded me of times that beggars thought that just by making eye contact I was obligated to hand over my hard earned change. Unfortunately, I am not a bleeding heart. So its completely up to my discrection if I give you money for nothing or for grace. This sign gets me. If ninja's killed my family; I dont think I would wait long enuf to learn the finess of karate. Smith and Wesson has a speed reading class ... yada...yada...yada. BUT, here's a couple of dollars for good marketing. In light of the current undercurrent, I had to relook at this sign several times cause I thought it said something else. America's full of Ninjas. Less convincing are the mismatched socks and the expensive purse with super shades offset by the money cigarettes must have cost. I think today's youth are far more creative when it comes to "not working" and taking short cuts.

I have encountered situations where someone less fortunate and home deprived who just said, "hey, I need two dollars to go get a beer and a smoke." Sometimes I am more inclined because they have spared me the struggle of wondering what will really happen to my good intentions. In truth, given in the right spirit, its not my problem what they do with it so long as I gave it in a gracious spirit. I'm not entirely sure that is true; but I have heard it said. No, if you tell me you need a few extra bucks to go get a gun so you can rob someone of their hard earned money; NO, I probably wont help. So in honor of these creatives; here's some homeless signs:












No comments: