A Life's Pursuit: Broke LOGIC: Dumb Money

Monday, October 20, 2008

Broke LOGIC: Dumb Money




I am always amazed by folks. There are just things about people that you just have to find entertaining. Why would I drive 10 miles out of the way for 3 cent per gallon cheaper gas? I am forever hearinow greaat sales are and how much I will save; but I'm thinking I will save even more if I dont buy it period. There is a logic missing in the common sense gene of people. And what of those blamed credit cards...slick, sleek and seductive; so if I dont have it now, you'll take my word for it later....??? I cannot count the number of times I have vowed to myself, "just for emergencies" only to discover, I had a lot of emergencies a lot more often than before. Money is certainly right up front on the American stage; from bailouts, forclosures, takeovers, and closings. I am reminded that its the "love" of money that is the root of all evil and NOT the money itself. Perhaps it could be said that it is the love of people that is the source of their demise and not the people themselves. Why else would you spend $10.00 to save $1.50? Either way, thats two cents on a cool Nashville Monday morning....


aquire money

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

I was wrong about the Bible verse, but I think the jury is still out about whether money causes as much misery as it does cheer. It is not love of money but the basic fact of modern economics itself that compels people to get cars and buy multitudes of stuff that will eventually get tossed aside into our declining mother earth. The future, as always, will tell.

I’m done.