A Life's Pursuit: Wed - nes - DAY! Just the crumbs, please!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wed - nes - DAY! Just the crumbs, please!

deer up ahead




Its another gorgeous day despite starting out a bit rainy in the city. The temperature is pleasant and it brings out buried people pleasantries. Ahhh...Spring/summer. I say that cause its nice before it gets too hot and humid to have the arid breeze that massages us through the day.

What does anyone know about deer whistles and do they work? ....personal accounts only please.

The other night my honey and I were blazing down the highway (yes, I was driving) I-40 with a large diesel truck to my left just after dark. Of course we were in excess of 50mph when these glowing eyes bounded into the lane; then two other eyes. The other driver slammed on his brakes just as I did the same. It could have been really bad; but thanks God, it wasn't. I continued on to Demos' Steakhouse only to discover absolutely no damage from my slight bump of the large animal. By then, Pickle's heart had slowed down enuf to eat a bite.

Anyway, as some of you might know, I am an avid "Appleon" — a die-hard Macintosh Disciple for the last 16 years. Having only lately discovered the iPOD and its musings, it has really transformed my busy days and the times in between. I don't think I would enjoy the commitment of podcasting; but it has some merit.
Little Mickey's Penultimate Podcasts
Unpredictablely Cool Delicious, a real mix of anything unexpected: Pod of Funk!
Cool ambient house music: Thinktoy
Excellent relationship/marriage improvement tips: Great Relationships
Cool everything, head bobbing music: Heavy Rotation
Ok...call the COW! This one rocks too. Its electronic madness: Apocalypse Cow
So your day needs some internal tweeking, try Bach: Bach Unleashed


Todays Cool Tip Idea:
Remember a gift doesn't always come with a price tag. Some of the most special and precious gifts are a Big 'ole bear hug, or a gift of service. Doing something for someone just out of the blue may mean more then any material gift. A homemade card or made up poem of how you really feel can be very rewarding to that person. Plus it's a gift that keeps on giving...

BONUS TIP:
Everyone knows about pouring vinegar down the sink to
freshen the smell, but don't pour vinegar right out of
the bottle. First run the vinegar through the coffee
pot to clean that, or do any of the other many chores
you do with vinegar, and THEN run the USED vinegar
down the sink. It works just as well, and you save
even more.



1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Thanks for the links, and the tip about vinegar: I meant to do that and had forgotten all about it. Glad you're both OK after the deer incident.