A Life's Pursuit: Fixin' to Ring in the Weekend Friday!

Friday, February 01, 2008

Fixin' to Ring in the Weekend Friday!

SuperBowl Weekend



Alas....the week has sauntered into a frigid and grey Friday bursting with radiant jubilation of the weekend. But even better than that for some is the symbolic ectasy of this weekend...this SuperBowl Weekend...when playing is hard work and the game has no reset. I have already blogged about perfection, scars and dreams; this weekend will reveal which is still standing at the end of the game.

I suppose it begs the question: If someone were filing our lives, would they see us as benchwarmers, second string or the starters? As cavalier as that question may fall onto this page; its pretty daunting. Even worse if you actually had to wait til the end to know. That reminds me of some old and famous artists....they had to die before getting world fame and recognition in history as one of the greatest. Honestly; so what at that point. What use is a porche in a small town with school zone speed limits? (...thats another whole blog all on its own; and u know what I mean) Ultimately our lives can be stranger than fiction.




After the Patriots wipe the field with "giant" intentions, I will be reminded of the strength in icons and their place in our history as a civilization and a nation. Too many directions to go with that one, so I will let it seep into the ground already rich with the blood of those not on the sidelines or benches. So grab something cuddly and ignite the fireplace and sail through another historical weekend. Yeah, I know, everyone will really only be talking about the commercials. You gotta love "the creatives." I am always amazed by the power of nerds....don't they inspire everyone else so well! In 30-60 seconds your mind is permanently branded by someone you probably didnt even notice in all year long in junior high sitting in class right beside you. The universe has an ironic sense of "poetic justice," doesn't it? But I digress....on to the Fabulous Friday Fixin's! Cry havock, bless the food and get out of the way!!!


Open Wide


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RECIPE: SHREDDED BEEF SANDWICHES

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

INGREDIENTS:
1 (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 lbs.) lean chuck roast
1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 or 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can of tomato soup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon hot ground pepper mix
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Trim fat from beef and cut into 4 or 5 large chunks to fit
in crockpot. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over beef.
Cook in a crock pot for 8 to 10 (4 to 5 on high) hours on low.
Pour juice into a small saucepan and simmer on the stovetop
for 15 to 20 minutes to reduce and thicken. In the meantime
shred beef with 2 forks or potato masher. Return thickened
sauce to the beef in the crockpot. Keep warm and serve with
buns and coleslaw.

WARNING: Preparation may be required. Dish is not reccommended for crowds prone to food fights.



1 comment:

Linda Russell said...

I guess that everything is relative. When I think of some people I know, I feel like I am standing still, barely getting anthing done.
When I look at what I used to be able to do, I think I am moving forward and in the game.

Great blog honey