A Life's Pursuit: It's Tooo Late to 'pologise

Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's Tooo Late to 'pologise

One Republic; Apologize



I have been going over something in my head that happened this morning. As I sit here composing a newspaper for March, my earphones and 102.5 give me the missing part I needed to write this blog.

It all began with a great and relaxing morning. Part of what made it good was having a good nite with the Dstyle Davis' at our local mexican restaurant. Its been a long month and this morning was the first I could remember that I awakened rested and ahead of my alarm without wanting to smack it into tomorrow. After a nice close shave and hot shower, I donned brown and headed out into the darkness with the dawn in hot pursuit.



So here's the deal - e - o! I was so early that I thought I would go to the local Exxon and get a couple of drinks to coast thru the morning while I worked away at a never ending pile of to-dos. On my way, this guy barrels out of the door as I opened it as if I were invisible or holding the door for him. Cool...I thought, another "I'm invisible day..." but maybe he's having a bad day. No problem. He did look kind of homeless. Anyway I get my gets and get out. On my way back to my vehicle, I see him looking at me and waiting. Oh great.


"Hey brother! Give me some change for coffee!" he calls out. Of course one eyebrow raises. I had already smiled and nodded which typically is an invitation to whatever follows. Seeing my questioning look, he continues with a few choice words and a 'gd,' you can go over there and bring it back to me."


That did it! I was over the edge. Whoa, little man! Watch your mouth. Leave that name out of this! He now had my full attention as I began walking toward him, my eyes locked into his mind. SNAP! Whoa M, what are you doing? I stopped and nodded at him and gave him the "well you were about to get something; but now I ain't interested in helping" look. I continued nodding as he began apologizing....but I was done. I don't know what Jesus would have done and frankly I wasn't Jesus. I nodded at him and got into my vehicle and drove away noticing his obvious apologetic dispositon...but I knew me; I needed to go; so I did. If there's a word I have almost no tollerance for, he used it and it set me off. I still don't know what J' would have done but I know me. It's one of those "yo momma" things for me and I knew I didn't need to be there much longer.... I am sure I could have gone over and above to make a real good "chrisitan impression" but I declined. I still don't know if it was good or bad; but it was me and I am comfortable with that.



It's Too Late to Apologize


I'm holding on a rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground
I'm hearin' what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me then you go and cut me down
But wait
You tell me that you're sorry didn't think I'd turn around and say:

That it's too late to apologize
Too late
Said it's too late to apologize
Too late

I'm holding on a rope
Got me 10 feet off the ground
...more lyrics.




Lizard Logics

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Even Jesus got angry. The important thing is the reason why. The proliferation of that word makes some people forget it has a religious connotation.