A Life's Pursuit: It's Hip2Flip Friday with some Friday Fixin's!

Friday, October 12, 2007

It's Hip2Flip Friday with some Friday Fixin's!






As truth would have it, everything is connected. When I went to my usual elixer hangout, I needed information. Where can a guy get some cool threads close to here without robbing the bank? Of course, they all replied "Flip IT!" It turns out that I had seen the logo on my way to Sonic several times (great logo design...props to whomever). So I went. The guy I was looking for wasnt there; but Mark took great care of me. I was more than impressed by his professionalism and patience. He rattled off more name brands than I have friends. Not only were the ladies correct but what a selection...everything from mega power suits to homegrown throwdown G'ed up get down. (ok...no I am not sure that means anything in cool urban; but you catch my drift.) So off to the dressing room with loads of stuff. Did I mention shoes? OH!!!! (ok...too deep to get into) Absolutely not enough hours in a lunch to do the place justice. Needless to say, I left looking better than I went in. Hip2Flip is definitely my new first stop. Check it out...FLIP! It's Hip to Flip!


Zombies

Anyway, its been a fast and furious week to which I am glad to see an end to. Hopefully I can get some friends over tonite for Taco Soup, Wii and good times. One of my coworkers says The Night of The Living Dead is also coming on tv this weekend....great! The original 60's version is the absolute in carniverous terror! Isn't it funny how you're never scared of just one zombie; but add a couple of hundred zombie friends and you just can't seem to outrun 'em! Sounds like a popcorn and coke night too!
Night of the Living Dead


Alas...on to the Friday Fixin's! In honor of this weekend, let's go with this hassel-free, guaranteed good, multi-tested, slow-cooker recipe; especially great for a cool autumn day/night....taco soup.



Taco Soup

1 can mild chili beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of whole kernel corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of rotel
1 pound of ground beef
1 small pkg of taco seasoning
1 small pkg of ranch dressing
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 bag of Tostidas scoops
Marbled cheese

Brown ground beef and drain. Add ranch and taco seasonings and stir up. Set aside.
Add all cans to crock pot. Do NOT drain the juice from cans. Add ground beef and simmer for 3-4 hrs.

Add soup to dish, garnish with cheese and scoops and eat!

*variations include substituting mesquite flavorings, navy beans, or chili seasonings, Fritos, sauteed mushrooms.





1 comment:

Bendy said...

I have had your taco soup (I believe at a potluck at work long ago.) It's delish!