A Life's Pursuit: Fabulous PIAotic Friday, Fresh With Fixin's!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Fabulous PIAotic Friday, Fresh With Fixin's!







I watched the sunrise through my rear view mirror, melting across the sky in beautiful warm orange yellow hues, edging the clouds with its dawning touch. It's Friday. I had a fantastic steak the night before with the wifey and friends Tom and Cass at my favorite italian restaurant, Demos. I guess its comforting to know that though I have traveled the country and paid alot for "allegedly" charter house steaks—I STILL prefer Demos. The flavor leaks into your tongue and seduces your brain into thinking its your stomach. What a steak at a sliver of the price of charter house establishments. You can't beat good when its great! I struck out early this morning after a hot shower, slick morning shave and a freshly ironed shirt/tie. I needed loud music with a good beat and open highways and thats what I found. Between the Jack and 101.1 the beat, my drive was effortless. Arriving at the office too early, I had time to kill so I went to my new favorite coffee/tea house The Goddess and The Moon. After engrossing PIAotic conversation, I went back to the office and continued my day. I sipped my "mango mate energizer" iced tea as I spill out these few lines to you. Ahhh...the weekend comes. What a delightful little joint with refreshing Karatic people for a twist of the odd exotic. The pensive, son of the Thinker and I first ventured there out of curiosity. The uniqueness kept us returning along with the delightfuls. Can't wait to get my wife into a bellydance class there; heck, I will probably go too, I'm crazy like that. A man should always stay informed. Its probably not for the faint at heart; just the diehards. I am certain Starbucks has not missed me yet; just the people who don't see me anymore. Anywhooo...Thanks goddess!

I don't have much to blog about today, just everything in any order. Thats the beauty of relaxing. I am looking forward to some "Wii" action tonite with wifey. So now we have 4 main games: Scrabble, Wii, Cards and shooting pool. I anticipate something odd or new for the weekend. Its like the coming of Autumn...there's just something in the wind...I can hear it coming, I just cant see it. Our new house plans fell through; but I still miss our great friends over at M2 Homes. They are great builders and great people who can only be more successful by now.


Hmmm...what else can I ramble about this early in the morning. I will save that for an "odder blog." I see from the corner of my eye, the red and blue fish dancing in the water of my neon blue desktop geek tank. The light refracts from the glitter from the opposite side from my USB lava lamp. Somewhere in the middle, I hope to be "creative" on a celebatory newspaper layout. Ah... the life of a graphic artist..creating. "the digital fingerprint of thought." Its been one of those mornings of just random ideas and phrases for future use somewhere. I am looking forward to coming home to a nice fresh clean house, a-thrilled-to-see-me wifey and a great weekend of family, fun and friends! So...on to the Friday Fixin's.....




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RECIPE: TOMATO SOUP CAKE - Really...!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CAKE INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup solid shortening
1 cup sugar
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 1/4 cups chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are good)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

ICING INGREDIENTS:
3 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat 375 degrees. Grease a 10-inch square cake pan. Cream
shortening and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in tomato soup
(undiluted) and then mix in soda, raisins, just 1 cup of the
nuts, flour, baking powder and spices mixing well after each
addition. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 45
minutes. When cake is done, remove it from oven and loosen
edges with a knife. Let cool before frosting.

Icing...
Place cream cheese in a small bowl and let it soften at room
temperature. Add vanilla and sugar. Mix well. Spread icing on
cooled cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts and serve. Yield: 1 10-inch square cake




Have a great weekend, get outside, get involved and live free!

No comments: