A Life's Pursuit: Cup of Silence with a plate of Fiday Fixin's!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Cup of Silence with a plate of Fiday Fixin's!




Cozy Blanket





It was another Friday like most others. Nashville was rainy and the temperature was definitely fall. I sped down the highway, glaring at the slowpokes in the wrong lane going 30mph as I slipped around each of them like the disgarded thoughts of yesterday. The warm caress of the night before still wrapped around my mind. It was quite inside my vehicle. The silence was a thick plush oversized towel fresh from the laundry; yeah the one you hold to your face breathing in the warmth and the freshness. I wrapped it around me and cast the end over my shoulder. The red lights were like connect the dots as I moved in and out of lanes, avoiding their future decisions. I thought about music, CD's, radio; some kind of noise; but the silence was loud enough. It was my white chocolate mocha extra hot and I sipped it sparingly, wanting it to last the entire journey. It's been a long week; not good or bad, "just." That's ok, it gives my other sides time to come out and play in the dismal. Its a beautiful dismal; the temperature requires layers; just like the requirements of life. Layers upon layers upon layers protecting cores far more delicate than the tender skin of young grapes. This day is half over and I could still be swaying for all I care.


Life is good; so I drink most of it and jar the rest for a day the dismal is disdained. The sun shines and so the moon reflects; that is the order of things. Good days don't last always; but neither do the bad. This weekend is the Lynchburg Bar-B-Que Cookoff. There will be people from everywhere! If you know me, you know I am no "health food nut;" so I would really love to be there. Great cooks from all over the world come to sample the richness of the diverse ways of preparing this tasty southern treat. Wish I was going to be there to tell you about it later. But how much can one bloodstream take? All is good; and I am counting the moments back to my next warm hug. I am sure it will be a great weeknd full of its own desserts!


Speaking of food; its also Friday Fixin's and today is none other! I like foods that just work--tastes good, not too much hassel to make and everybody loves it; you know, a win-win for everybody. Try this one and don't get mad at your gums for holding your teeth back!



FRIDAY FIXIN's!



Apple Baked Pork Chops




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

APPLE BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH SHERRY

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

INGREDIENTS:
6 boneless pork chops
3 large apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch each of salt and pepper
1/2 cup dry sherry

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet, brown chops, about 2 minutes each side;
reserve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange apple slices
in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with brown
sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter or margarine. Top with
browned pork chops and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour sherry over all, cover and bake in the preheated oven
for 1 hour or until tender and internal temperature of pork
has reached 160 degrees.

Yield: 6 Servings BUT if you dont like pork, this works really well with meatballs or hamburgers! Ingredients are never the destination; just the path.




Enjoy your weekend. Every moment of life is a gift...unwrap fully!



No comments: