A Life's Pursuit: For we see thru a glass vaguely...

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

For we see thru a glass vaguely...

Emily Rose: Exorcism



It's a beautiful day despite sleeping very little. The truth is that I require very little sleep. This Tuesday is thought provoking. I revel in the thrill of just creating — whether its growing a plant or creating a document. I haven't been able to pen down a mood this week...it's as though I am fighting something I cannot see. I am sure I mentioned this before but I like the idea of hunting and slaying demons. I think they know that and are still trying to figure out how much of that is real and how much of a scaredy cat would I be if they actually showed up, or "manifested" as the demon-educated would say.



I watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose, based on a true story this weekend. My stepson said it terrified him. I guess I was more fascinated than terrified since I have seen some of these things before. It actually made me a little excited. I knew they knew I was watching it and thinking about them. Since, I have had a hyper-sense or two that something entered or was watching. I guess I dont have enuf sense to be terrified. My only fear would be for those around me. Afterall; they don't play fair...something I love and hate about them. It was refreshing to see a movie that didnt make wiennies out of the God-focused people. The priest never backed down; he never lost focus or identity; and he never recanted. He stayed true to the truth in spite of the circumstances or consequences. Don't be fooled; the truth always costs. Lies one tends to pay for in increments; the truth is a lump sum. I need to do some research on the actual story of the posession and its victims. I am reminded of a book that also need to just own. They Shall Cast Out Demons by Derek Prince. Fantastic book with some very spiritually-powerful stuff; not for the faint hearted or just pure experimenters....stuff really happens! The overarching punchline: if one exists; so must its opposite — isnt that refreshing? It's one of the most sustantial proofs of God; if you choose to ignore all the other beautiful and intricate things around us everyday, including ourselves.

demon scream


Anyway, on this side of the sunshine, I am reminded to just be thankful. I am thankful for a great wife. I am thankful for a break in the triple digit temperatures and and my flowers getting some natural rain. I am thankful for life, health and strength. I am just getting back onto a fantastic workout schedule. Now I just need to make my biblical reading more solidified in my morning routine along with crunches and some Kona coffee. I must say, a warm, beautiful wife does tend to make one less committed to gettng up early or more properly said — more required to be more disciplined to get up and do what is necessary to honor and keep all the things to be so thankful for. The universe has rules...and they bend for noone or thing for very long. Beware the darkness; it has eyes and teeth. If you see it; then it has already seen you. We would much prefer our illusions.





1 comment:

Bendy said...

Pass the annointing oil please...