A Life's Pursuit: The Big BANG! Theory

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Big BANG! Theory

Box Office Magnificience!!!

Transformers the Movie




It was an atypical days when my sweetie and I took off the mall to see a movie. It didn't make sense to be spending money on a movie when we had three already rented from Hollywood Video; but I had to know. Sure, I liked the cartoon; but it wasn't love. The trailers had sucked me in. My friends who had seen it only made the slopes more slippery with their prolific words of grand delight and emotional exhileration. While it may not have been good; the effects alone deserved a big screen viewing. I had my concerns after the Silver Surfer movie; so I went all the way — IMAX baby! ....so its big bang or big flop!

So where do I begin....hmmm.... Personally I amnot much on previews....all worked up with nowhere to go but down.....so I will skip that part. Basicly the story is this: The planet Cybertron is inhabited by robotic lifeforms called Transformers. The Transformers are split into political or ideological factions, and have been at war with each other for a very long time. Millions of years, in most of the stories. The factions are usually called Autobots (good guys) and Decepticons (bad guys), but not always. ...more...

With all that basic stuff said and done; the movie is hot right out of the slot. You want to go to the movie and not regret what you spent; go see this movie! It is the Terminator II of 2007, the Abyss of the Modern Age, Die Hard-Face-Off-Lethal Weapon Big Budget Original Matrix Bang 'em Up Shoot em Up Man's Movie of the year. Even better; the chicks will dig this one too. My wifey loved it and I even heard a few sniffles by the end. This movie has something for everyone. Say what you will; but I give this one the coveted "Don't Drink Anything Award" ... u will not want to be gettin up missin any of this one. Rotten Tomatoes review...

You gotta see this!
Stop reading this and get your butt to the theater...Hurry up! Don't walk, RUN!



Speaking of everyone...there were babies and small kids in this movie. In the beginning, that really turned me off almost as much as people who don't turn off their cell phones or talk all through the movie. That didnt change; but the movie made me forget they were there. There was some "teenage humor" and of course, "the black guy dies first" syndrone. I left this movie with a sore buttocks from gripping the seat too long. You will be satisfied by this movie investment. Its a winner. You know how some movies are so good; you hope they don't make a sequal so they dont screw it up — This is one of those. Fantastic action, great dialogue, incredible story and absolutely amazing cinematography and special effects!




No comments: