A Life's Pursuit: Raging Fires; Burning Loved

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Raging Fires; Burning Loved

flame of love



Roses have thorns and fire is best hot.




Hmmm....I have been away for a bit but none the less, full of stuff [ha ha ha, I heard that]. Anyway, [oh great, I am talking to myself again] sometimes you have things that you want really bad. You pray about them, you hope for them, you want them; then you get tired of waiting and decide to act. It is typically then, after you have run out of patience and time that the long awaited answer comes. It's even worse when you have those who are counting on you for direction and protection. Sometimes the right [what do you mean "sometimes?"] choices are the hardest to make. Hopefully you have the guts, strength, ignorance or faith to make the hard calls. My faith is sometimes stronger than my deodorant and at others, it might be considered as light as fresh cotton candy....either way; it doesn't go away. I like that about it, about Him, about His faithfulness. He always comes through; never quite how I planned; but nonetheless, faithful. The bright side is meeting some really great people in the process. I have no idea what it all means except there are no accidents.

I was never born under a pew; some might argue that point. Life is tough as a PK [I am not even going to define this one] and only slightly less bad as an honorary PK. Sometimes its just frustrating being "the goody two shoes" or "Mr. Sunshine" on the block. Thank God for a strong family, good friends and a great wife. We are surrounded with opportunities to help someone all the time. I guess it is better to give than to recieve. [ok, what does this paragraph have to do with this blog or anything else today?]

Anyway, this blog is suposed to be about something inspite of its rambling nature. [Don't you hate it when all people do is talk about themselves; why are you still reading this?] I am so thankful for my beautiful little wifey. She's the only one I have ever "hunted" [and I mean that in the most primal way]. Everything else was a leaf falling from a tree; but this one was forged for the fire, I HAD to keep it. And so it goes. I was right. Sometimes you don't know if you made the right decisions until on down the road. Well I have been down the road and not alone. Even to this day; some fourteen years later, I wonder how I can still treasure something that much, how it can still be precious and "new" and so worth whatever it takes or must be endured — that is amazing to me! I know me. My typical relationship-lifespan is roughly 3yrs max [you people, don't tell those people what that means]. So I love the warm toasty feeling of the raging roaring fires of love and what that really means in depth. It is a constant burning that produces deeper intimacy, deeper trust, deeper respect and a never-ending voyage into each other. Man, that's real goat gravy! It's nice being surprised!




writing lizard at mahogany desk

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

'It is a constant burning that produces deeper intimacy, deeper trust, deeper respect and a never-ending voyage into each other.' I'm not sure love has ever been described better.