A Life's Pursuit: ...Something "changing" this way comes...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

...Something "changing" this way comes...



strange sky

strange sky

Taken this morning with my digital camera of an amazing violently painted sky.



My morning drive was nothing short of spectacular. Ignore the long trail of immobile lights. Ignore the frustrated drivers trying to force themselves into better positions in line. Ignore the muck of situations that might appear at face-level and then look up! It was a sky worth notice. The clouds hung low and heavy, wrapped in blacknesss and light, looking swollen with what was to come next. Even the air on this ninth day of January of the new year is still charged with an energy of change...an energy that declares "something changing this way comes..." The heavy swollen clouds like an exhausted radiant mother of the coming fate, anxious to birth her hidden secrets — a day lain out in stirrups with no idea what was to be coming; just that it is.


I couldn't look at such a sky and not see these words leaking from somewhere below my unseen. Then the more daunting thought that followed rushed in like the alarming wind that comes every fall right before Halloween. Is my life as heavy as these clouds? Am I making a significant impact or improvement in the world? How close am I to my Destiny or am I in it already? If the clouds of my life burst right now, what kind of rain would come out? What do I leak each day as I interact or pass through and by people around me? The sting of the New Year is still fresh from plump hornets. I am filled with Hope and Thrill all in the same breath. We can see the signs of the seasons changing and the rein of kings falling; the signs of most other things are as equally visible when we know what to look for. Now is such a time; at least for me...[...said the ranting madman soaked in dripping thoughts tangled in the futures from a box of relived pasts].


I was reading my friend Barb's blog, Skittle's Place concerning fear. Fear can be pretty immobilizing but we MUST take the next step TOWARD fear. Fear is the first hint of an opportunity to learn something new about the world and ourselves. I cannot say that I "fear" the future; even amidst the increasing lines I see on the reflections of my face. Even my friend, Bendy is feeling the vibe of the bend in the road, the coming of the new. I understand the course of being human. That is our plight; but we are also part God and that's pretty refreshing! Whatever is coming your way or mine; we are strong enough, patient enough, loving enough and forgiving enough to triumph! Let us rely on our didactic heritage in two realities to launch us into the next great whatever. He lives; we live; He lives in us! We ARE invincible!



1 comment:

Bendy said...

totally awesome...