A Life's Pursuit: My Friday Revelation

Friday, January 26, 2007

My Friday Revelation




The crisp morning air immediately invigorates my freshly shaven head as I slide into my vehicle for the morning commute. I watch the cars zoom in and out of traffic trying to get wherever before the car behind them; yet the whole still moves at the same pace. It’s Friday and it’s early and revelation has not delayed itself in coming.

Today is the beginning of tomorrow! That’s what I got as I watched the image of the warm sun while embraced by the cold reality. It’s winter time. The sun can shine all it wants; but its too far away to make an impact on the temperature. Behind the glass, you can be easily fooled or at least seriously under estimate the importance of the glass. Today, we have an opportunity to prepare for what is to come or what we move closer toward tomorrow. That revelation — I know, obvious to some, duhhhh — reflects the path of time, destiny and/or fate. You can choose your own poison. Success in rarely overnight. No matter what field, there are dues to be paid. It starts with one day before the next that a decision is made and then acted on. You can dream all your life; but dreams occur while you are sleeping. Goals are reached when you are awake. Dream fantastic, magnificent dreams; but wake up to get them done. Pink Floyd is playing in my right ear as my left monitors my current reality.

Smile, it's Friday and global warming is still going on. By the way, did you know:
What kind of animal has the highest worldwide output of flatus?
Believe it or not, the animal that wins this honor is the humble termite. Because of their diet and digestive processes (with more than the usual microbial assistance), they produce as much methane as human industry. Termite farts are believed to be a major contributor towards global warming.


So there you have it. It's the termites! Termites are the culprit. I now go back to listening to "Freebird."

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now,
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see.


Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by "A Life's Pursuit!"


1 comment:

Bendy said...

Termite farts...who'd a thunk it????