A Life's Pursuit: Church, Preachers, Bombs and War: Recipe for Politics...

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Church, Preachers, Bombs and War: Recipe for Politics...

war protest

...and oh yeah, God for office!





The mask of hate can take many forms and be condoned under any banner. I was reading this odd story that should cause us all to pause at least for a moment and take inventory of our senses. An old argument I once heard stated "Religion is far more dangerous than science will ever be...". Today's blog comes from seeing a story about folks who protest at the funerals of American soldiers. Whether you are pro or con the war is kinda a mute point for our Americans dying over there. The best we can do is at least support our troops AND their families. I don't know what's worse, protesting at soldiers' funerals or the families not getting paid and losing their homes back here.... There are some things that should just stay sacred. Why would you invade someone's personal loss time with slanderous protests. It won't repair, replace or better anyone's life or death. Would you want the same consideration? In our effort to protest, are we demonstrating the very thing our soldiers are there to protect? There is a time and a place for such things. ...more of the story..."

It seems that God is directly talking to a lot more people these days. I am a bit confused. By observation, He would seem to be telling different people opposing things; but we KNOW better than that, don't we? We are surrounded by "name droppers" and I guess everybody does it. How do you validate if God said it? Certainly we know people by spending time with them and watching how they are. When something unusual happens, we say, "oh, that's not like so and so. Either something is wrong or it's not true." I suspect the God gossip is much the same way....confused or completely not true. Make no mistake, God is well capable and DOES punish; but let's face it...he takes a lot longer to do it than we would. But once He's made up His mind, it's on and enough is enough. The little frail pictures with a lamb around the neck are only part true. Good fathers discipline. [Oh my, I bet something I said is not "politically correct....."]

jesus hug


In an age of "political correctness," we have sacrificed "the truth" and the foundational creed summed up as "just the right thing to do." Sooner or later, somebody ought to be offended; somebody is required to be offended. Complete freedom is complete anarchy. Anarchy is enslavement to our darkest most human traits. I support our troops. No, I don't know if there were any WMD (weapons of mass destruction); but I do know that one man doesn't get to call the shots. Being President has got to be a tough job — somebody is always pissed and people only remember what you did worst. "The evil that men do lives on; but the good is oft interred with their bones."



lizard writing


2 comments:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Terrific blog, Micheal. I am used to that on 'A Life's Pursuit,' but this one is above and beyond. Makes you think and think hard.

Anonymous said...

Complete freedom is complete anarchy
brilliant
I was often known in HS to say "I can do anything I want to"
One day I was challenged "Go ahead and fly then"
To which I responded "I don't want to"
I am glad for your covering honey. Sometimes we fly- and I want to