A Life's Pursuit: The Mystique of Aire

Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Mystique of Aire


...ok...I couldn't resist for all you comic geeks like me out there.




I think I will go out and get some air. Hmmm...He has a peculiar aire about him.


What a word. It's fairly small and really packs a big punch. It's hard to do without it and you have it whether you want it or not; even when you are without it, you have it. I have no idea where this one is going but I will merrily follow.

I have been hammering out several things this week to prepare for the holiday break. It occurs to me that I have had to go out and get some "air" occassionally; to take a break, to leave the point of focus; to be alone with my thoughts. You get the drift. Why do we need to do that sometimes. Don't you always regret it when you don't. It can even be said that the air about you has a particular charge (positive or negative, up or down, electric or stagnate). SOME change the room just by entering. Others change it just by leaving. The point of it all is just to say...aire can be pretty mysterious.

WOW, the snow teased me just a bit. I want it and a lot of it...I want to look out the night before and declare that I am sleeping in tomorrow. I hate it when you can't tell if you will be the only one that didnt go in. It's almost time to watch my favorite movie, "It's A Wonderful Life" staring Jimmy Stewart. I watch it every Christmas. The snow reminds me that that time is approaching. Unfortunately, the Grench is my hero. [...too many twisted reasons to go into this blog....but hey, maybe closer to D-Day] not to mention a long awaited birthday of an ominous number...(or so they say).

So are the ways of love, destiny, and life. We have few ways of knowing how things we chose or avoided changed the history of our lives; much less of the world. History is riddled with instances that we can see the outcome of many years later. In fact, there is always "hindsight speculation" that we busy ourselves with....but it never reallly works when you are in the thick of things.





No comments: