A Life's Pursuit: Foggy Monday--Victory Weekend

Monday, November 13, 2006

Foggy Monday--Victory Weekend




Well, I had a great weekend with friends. Not only was it more than enjoyable to share my weekend with my highschool friend Joel and Oneal, his son. That sure is a perty skullcap! My beloved Pickle cooked a fantastic breakfast of french toast, scrambled eggs with cheese, Sunny Delight and Cheddar Brotworst. We also ate at our favorite restaurant, Demos Steakhouse. I have know Jim and Doris for years and they run a top-class operation. There are very few things as good as a steak done well. I topped that all off with a Snickerdoodle slice of pie.MMMMMM....Ok, so I am going to the gym tonite. I even got to visit my nephew, Christopher. I had gotten him a windup Triceratops dinosaur while in Utah. Since I had told him what I got him; I was afraid his imagination might be bigger than my gift. So I went and found a much larger dino that glowed in the dark and could be written on and washed to start all over again. So together, they were the Dyno-duo. It was cool. I think he liked them.



But it was just the right kind of weekend for justice. And justice was served. The Titans fell to an ex-ole faithful, Steve McNair. I think it's safe to say that everyone walked away with a bit of dignity. Current quarterback of the Titans, Vince Young performed well; so no discredit to him. It's always great to see aged-wisdom out maneuver bronze. Reminds me of the joke about the two bulls standing at the top of the hill looking down on the valley of cows....(but I didnt say I was going to tell you the joke).... While the air was a bit sharp form time to time, it wasn't so you couldn't go shopping. My wifey and I picked up matching pj's at Old Navy....u know, casual loungewear for around the house. I even got to watch an old rerun of "Columbo" with Johnny Cash as the villian.

It's been an easy, consistent kind of Monday. The morning commute was ever so foggy. All gone now. Darkness beginning to pull its blanket over us again as the temperature begins to dip. My day almost at an end...getting back to the best part....my honey and my workout and my dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh c'mon.. what's the joke?

Linda Russell said...

It was a great weekend
Love the picture
You are amazing babe