A Life's Pursuit: Warm, Humid, Hottt Summer!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Warm, Humid, Hottt Summer!






Well, today is the day that summer "officially" begins. Isn't it great that once you put something in quotes, it's official. Anyway, it's very warm here in downtown and the sun is racing for the center of the sky (at least from this location). Isn't it odd that when you want to take something "hot" off the stove; you add layers; but when it's hot outside, you remove layers. Do people wear bikinis in Hell? It seems the hotter it gets, the more naked the people...not that they needed any excuse these days.

Don't get me wrong. As an artist and male, I appreciate a spectacular form as much as the next person; but whatever happened to moderation and modesty? Have we become such a sexual/erotic nation that even the butter must be lavished with bikini-clad women to move product from the shelf. SEX SELLS!!!! Obviously, noone can argue with that. Even women ministers and gospel singers have gotten WAY better looking. I even remember female rappers when they first came out, as really hard, street looking "macho" women. But all that's changed. Now a girl-rapper is "hot" first; then she fronts her thug-vocality.


Which begs the next question: What is "hot" or how do you get "hot"? I have even been asked several times by women 40+ who have discovered or suddenly become "hot" but perplexed as to how or why. There really aren't that many reasons that are unique. Most things can be summed up in 3 reasons or less. I will leave you to your own...but there are several I am we can agree on.


Does "hot" matter? Are you "hot" or just want to be? Can you be "hot" WITH your clothes on? Are you glad it's summer?




Hmmm.....where's my swimsuit?

1 comment:

Bendy said...

Well I'm hot (or so I've been told) and I truly am not sure how the hell I got there. For all intents and purposes, I'm still the same ol me that I have always been....just wiser.