A Life's Pursuit: TV Evangelist Syndrone -- but we can see you

Monday, June 26, 2006

TV Evangelist Syndrone -- but we can see you


Public Nose-Pickers...they come in all shapes, colors and sizes





I was driving into the office this morning and what a beautiful drive it was. I had the windows down so the crisp morning air could revive all my sensory mechanisms as my mind took articulate detail of all the things I was taking for granted. It was such a nice morning...a little early before all the traffic. Then there was traffic -- which I really don't mind; something study worthy about it; the facinating study of people.

I couldn't help but wonder how much better the girl would look without her finger jammed up her nose. I was sure that she must have know that anyone could see her behind all the glass in her vehicle. Hmmm.....do we forget that our cars are not really our homes? or just not care? It always reminds me of TV evangelists who cannot see the guy sitting at home in his underwear laughing at his unmoveable hair and deep country accent as he pops another top on a cold one and slaps his wife across the room for not bringing it cold enough.

We can see you. People love to flip folks off and introduce all kinds of new interjections; but again — they can see you; they know you're there; they're probably going to follow you and/or worse. Why do "we" feel so secure in our cars? Why do we trust (and there is really nothing else protecting or ensuring) that the on-coming car will stay on the other side of the line? We do realize that it's just blind trust holding it all together?




Hmmmmm......

1 comment:

Bendy said...

THIS is why I refrain from picking my nose in the car. I KNOW I can be seen. THIS is why I do not put my makeup on in the car. Besides the fact that it's ridiculous, I KNOW I can be seen, making all women look bad. However...I do sing in the car...rather loudly. And those that see me smile or laugh...which is a good thing is it not?