A Life's Pursuit: Last Night's Dream...Flight with a Dragon

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Last Night's Dream...Flight with a Dragon





I had a strange dream last night. All the details are fuzzy now; but here goes the jest of it. It was a "flying" dream. I have had these before; but I have never flown so easy. Before it was always some special way I had to throw my body or some secret brain trick to make it happen. I could not fly long periods of time without starting to fall; but this dream was different!

In this dream, flying was as easy as walking. I could take flight at any altitude and fly as close to the ground or high in the clouds as I wanted with no hint of falling. The other odd thing about this dream is that I was carrying a stucco tuscan colored dragon that was about 6 feet tall. It was a hollow shell and I assume light in weight. I flew with it everywhere. But I got careless on one of my close to the ground flights and scraped the bottom of it, ripping it severely. Then I fell out of the air. I would jump; but fall. People had seen me flying all the time; but I could always fly away. Now they were coming; either curious or worse, and I could NOT get back into the air. It was as though it had turned into a heavy rolled carpet...completely unmanageable.

In the end, I end up sitting on a picnic table in a beautiful green grassy field with the once-dragon in my arms as they came over the hill to look at me and examing the thing that had eluded them so often. I remember sobbing into my hands as it lay damaged upon me; just before waking up. I remember wishing this was not a bad sign of something coming. I remember wondering what these symbols stood for in my "real" life. What things make me soar that I may not be using the maximum amount of care in guarding or sharing? As I dropped my wife off at the airport this morning for Houston, TX; I hoped it was just a dream.



hmmm....

1 comment:

Joel said...

Wow---did you take some sinus medecine or something....?