A Life's Pursuit: The Innumerable Value of "Real" Good Friends

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Innumerable Value of "Real" Good Friends


I woke up this morning with one of my good friends on my mind. You know, that person that, hell or high water, you can count on and/or care about. We have know each other since highschool; but really became good friends later in life through mutual acquaintances. After an early call and conversation, I discovered he is fine and life is good. My day has skyrocketed since. I am extremely thankful for our friendship.

Do we, as people really take enuf time to communicate the value of dear friends or relate the impact they have on our lives. Joel Franks is an inspiration to me and continues to be a great friend. Great friends tend to have "gone thru some stuff" with you. I rode his son, Oneal's 4-Wheeler one weekend that my wife, Pickle and I were in visiting my parent(s) and grandmother. He is a great father and we have talked many times on the value of having strong, good male role models in our lives. His dad, Max "Batman" Franks writes a very entertaining column for the Savannah Courier and has since become one of my great workout disciples!!! (Ha Ha Ha) Check out his blog
Communicate with your Real Good Friend today!

2 comments:

Bendy said...

Good friends are an essential element of life. Like you, I have been blessed with a selection of very good friends. So good, in fact, that we're more like family than friends. And in recent years, you and Pickle have joined the crew ;)

Joel said...

Back at you Mike--

Great Blog---