A Life's Pursuit: The Fantastic Yet-to-Comes!

Friday, April 07, 2006

The Fantastic Yet-to-Comes!

I lay there, this morning in the still hush of the silence, watching the light begin to scatter the darkness of the day before. Just below the noise of nothing, I heard it. I heard them crawling over each other, entangling and slithering like young earthworms in moist dirt. It tickled my mind as they moved. Lost between yesterday and now, I realized it was the "Fantastic Yet-to-Comes" inhabiting my solitude. Grand visions of life yet lived and events not passed, lay before me like a grand feast of Yet-to-Comes! They wound together into massive cords of hopes for the future...for my great marriage...for treasured times we would have on vacation...for great friends still strangers.

I enjoyed my drive into the office listening to the soundtrack from The Red Violin as the
hum of The Yet-to-Comes began to fade into a snake of tail lights and horns; of angry sneers and quick cut-offs—all in the presence of a beautiful and glorious sunrise. I wondered if anyone was taking the least amount of time to notice all the things that were right in world.

No comments: