A Life's Pursuit: The "CORE" Necessity Friends Who Stick

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The "CORE" Necessity Friends Who Stick




I was reading by friend, Joel Franks' blog and the topic is beyond valid. It's about the core.... It seems noone sticks together anymore. Something or someone comes along and ties are broken. But I have found there is a great value in having a "core" of folks, usually a very select few, who really know you from the past til the evolution of now. If you are like me, and I am sure you are, you have been through several phases or evolutions in identity.

I find that when things are really tough or I'm in a funk; only someone from then (the past, but still present) can bring me back into the light....rebalance my scales. Those are the people who have the credibility that speaks directly to my spirit to cheer me up or set me straight. While they may be slightly concerned about hurting my feelings; there is a pact among us that is bigger than feelings that must be adhered to.... Tell Me Like It Is! We can take the hard words because we understand that the truth is ONLY for benefit and that there is a mutual love beyond just trying to make you feel good or bad that says "I got your back."

Eventually there may always be those you separate from for good reason...so I am not saying stay in unhealthy relationships; but if you are not "exchanging" something of equal value; it may be time to evaluate and or communicate.

Core friends make things bearable no matter how bad it seems. I am thankful for my core of good friends; even if some are Tiny Tunes, soon to become Google, the "Ya Ya Sisterhood"or Allan Alda. Strong bonds are important and critical to the success of each individual for a healthy and happy life. Like when you meet someone really nice; you want them to meet "them" so you can get their take.
1) You value their opinion,
2) You like sharing good news!

Today's thought: The apple ain't so grand without a good core!

No comments: