A Life's Pursuit: Yesterday in Disguise

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Yesterday in Disguise

In my mind I know its a new year; but it feels the same! Does anybody else feel that way? I didnt make any resolutions, I didnt care. For the most part, I have what I want, very few things I would change, maybe improve, so whats the fuss? Its "Resolutionary Time" at the gym; the right people already know what that means so I wont bother explaining. I enjoy 60 minutes with Andy Rooney...he just says it like he feels it. Maybe I am getting old; but I just dont care so much about political correctness and just going along not making waves. People tend to get in a tizzy about holidays, occassions and events when its really the same day with the same amount of hours and minutes, the same possibilities, losses and hopes. Its the same day yesterday they wasted today. Whats the fuss? Seize the day! ANY day is a good day to start; dont wait for a holiday, birthday or whatever; do it NOW!

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

I agree that we waste our days, and that we attach to each hour asignificance that is not a part of it but a part of our ownperception. This is precisely what gives a day it's importance,though, isn't it? The meaning we ourselves bring to it. Everyone canstare at the moon, but each person will behold a different image- forsome it may be just the night sky, someone else a rock hanging ingravity's thrall, someone else that special you-know-who in theirlife.

All that to say we are simpatico on this…have a plan, but don't sit onit forever.