A Life's Pursuit: Exceptions are the spice of life!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Exceptions are the spice of life!

exceptions


This is a phrase I am "borrowing" from the Prelate of Pensive," in his latest blog. It never fails to jar something lose in the background of my dull mind and inspires some few short words to kickoff a new blog. Today is a day no different from another.

I think about the spice of life and remember so many times that the spectacular happened from the most ordinary of circumstances. Some of them happened simply when I did what I thought was right and the other times were just gifts. I could spin you some fabulously entertaining stories; but really you would have had to been there to believe it. So I won't insult your absence.

parking exceptions


It is these exceptions, that really make your eyes sparkle and your spirit leap inside your skin. Have you ever been in a situation that couldn't possibly be real or true? Then without reason or promise, it's all real and right there surrounding the moment that encasees you. It would seem most days that everything around me is some sort of exception. They say you attract what you are....thats pretty terrifying but not short of terrific. I guess that also counts for all the strange set of characters whom I call friends and aquaintances.

hands free calling


I can only wonder if part of the grand design is for us not to be perfect. Wouldnt perfect really be quite boring? Exceptions keep us laughing at ourselves, as well as others. Dont we crave the moments that really aren't that perfect; especially if it is happening to someone else. Perfect is best served like the eye of a hurricane. or perhaps you prefer an oasis in a smoldering desert. Granted, none of this is to say that there arent occassions, situations and timespans that you are more than happy to have perfection visit for some continuous stretch of time.




1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Perfect is only boring when we become accustomed to it. A tree is a miraculous thing, really, but, how many people stop to consider that?