A Life's Pursuit: Nuts About Autumn

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nuts About Autumn



We have really been treated with some spectacularly decorated skies here in Nashville, Tennessee. Its no secret that summer is over and autumn is here. Cooler mornings, shorter days and an extra need to snuggle remind me of my favorite season. Every sunrise and sunset has been rich in purples, yellows, reds, oranges and deep blues. It probably doesn't hurt that the leaves are changing colors too over the rolling hillsides. Its odd to watch the colors change around the sillohettes of massive bulls and cows in the fields as the green folliage fades to a harvest brown.



This morning was no different. Crisp air conveyed the morning greeting of nature's breath. I sped to the office just like any other day in any other week trying to decide if I was going to stop at Hardees if I made it to my proclaimed spot at such and such time. The beauty of the morning has a way of making you smile if you take the time to notice its elegance. I did and smiled.







Well I skipped my Hardees treat and decided to wait until I was closer to the office — Burger King! Oh that was so "uneventful" and I knew better. There is NOTHING like Hardees in the morning except homemade; but who makes time for that? Yes, I ate the sausage croissant and I ate the chicken bisquit but I would have easily unmade this bad decision or just gone without til lunch. Se La Vie! At least its Wednesday. May it not lumber along like a legless elephant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Robert Frost would say,
"Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."

...ain't that right Ponyboy? hee hee

Anonymous said...

FYI - Ponyboy Curtis is a character from the movie "The Outsiders" played by C. Thomas Howell who recited the Robert Frost poem.