A Life's Pursuit: BLUE Monday: Titan Blues!

Monday, October 27, 2008

BLUE Monday: Titan Blues!





Its another exciting time here in the Ville; Nashville that is, Tennessee!!! The air is really brisk today; very much unlike the sleevelessly warm day before. It was a great weekend all together! We hosted a "Supper Club" gathering Saturday night at 6:30 which always means you spend evey minute before then cleaning, decorating and cooking. This was no different. We even skipped gym. I wish I could say I had been heartbroken. We hung more pictures in one afternoon than we have in the last 10 years. I had stopped by Hobby Lobby Friday afternoon on the way home. It became terrifyingly obvious that this was one of the best Hobby Lobbies I had ever seen. I couldn't focus. Everything was screaming "buy me!" or "this would look great" and OVERLOAD. I had to leave. I called honey and told her we would have to come back together. It was a fantastic menu of sweet potato cassorole, green beans, mashed potatoes, home baked turkey, little wiennies, ice cream, homemade poundcake, pumpkin spice pudding, cresant roles, sweet tea and ice cold lemonade; all kicked of with a prayer of thanks and blessings.






Sunday was a really pleasant day. After sleeping in til noon, my sweetie and I planted 13 trees around the homestead and have another 20+ to go. The best part is I got to play with a new toy I rented from Home Depot. They really do have ways of making life easier. Typically I would have used a shovel and post hole digger; whew, I rented a hole driller and saved my palms, my shoulders and my energy. It was just like a weedeater with a drill on the end. Sweet! In four hours I had all the holes dug. I am sure my inexperience was visible; but I didnt care. I will not be beaten by the machine. I did get the hang of it and all went well.


The bad news: after putting out all those trees, it is allegedly "freezing" tonite. The game can easily be watched while snuggling on the couch eating tasty treats. The workout can easily be scooted to another day. The workday has been good. I have knocked out an 8 page newsletter, a 40 page magazine layout and started a newspaper.






Traffic was horrible this morning. The Colts are in town and a GET MOTIVATED siminar. I am certain that some folks enjoyed the seminar as a necessary business expense to be in town for the game a few hours later; not to discredit those motovational seminars — they are typically very good! The hard part is the jolt back to reality after you return home/work.

No comments: