A Life's Pursuit: All Gassed Out! NO GAS; just Friday Fixins!

Friday, September 19, 2008

All Gassed Out! NO GAS; just Friday Fixins!

alternative fuel


It's another cool Friday...right; how could it not be, it's FRIDAY! It's been a great day for getting things done. In spite of being busy, its also a great day for reflections and for thankfulness. I dont know about you; but I have seen some strange things beginning to happen at gas pumps. My other side might not agree by replying..."but its human nature..." Anywhooo, gas seems to be right up front on everybody's wallets.


alternative fuel



The only other things running close are politics and the economy. I join the ranks of so many wondering how can we pay more for gas after ....well; thats another blog. Its funny odd how far people will drive for a lower price....which kinda defeats the purpose of saving since it just cost you more gas to go get it for less. Of course, thats providing you can actually find any. It would appear that somebody has found a way to recycle plastic bags...."gas pump sweaters!" [seriously...nobody steal that idea;...except Paris Hilton...]


crazy gas prices



I passed 3 stations before I could even get ANY gas which was AFTER I waited in line. My wifey will tell you, personally I dont say much about gas prices because my thought is so what! If I want/need it I'm gonna get it anyway, so why complain about something I either cant do anything about or I'm gonna bow to anyway (gas prices). However; just because I CAN pay $40.00 dollars a gallon doesnt mean I WILL. Enough is enough! Its gotten out of hand and 4 years, much less 8, ain't gonna fix it. I'm getting my bicycle out this weekend. Ok...that's all I am going to rant on this issue. Toons say it all.


high fuel



...so lets just eat; but wait delivery trucks run on gas too....hmmm..I wonder who they will pass along the cost to? Yeah, but I GOTTA eat; so on to the Friday Fixins! Oh this one is really good. What could be better than smooth warm chocolate on a fall day except adding peanut butter (and I PREFER Jif) to the mix. This one is worth all its fat grams!!!




Chex Mix



Chocolate Peanut Butter Puppy Chow

Ingredients
7 cups Chex cereal
2 cups golden grahams
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp fine salt
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup Butterfinger Marble Mix-Ins*
1/8 cup butterscotch chips, chopped
1/8 cup peanut butter chips, chopped

Directions
1. Combine cereals in a large bowl.
2. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal, stirring gently with a plastic spoon until coated.
4. Measure the powdered sugar into a large plastic zip bag (or a bowl if you don’t have a bag that’s big enough). Then add the chocolate mixture, Butterfinger Marble Mix-Ins*, butterscotch chips and peanut butter chips into the bag and shake (or invite your kid into the kitchen to shake it up for you).

* If you can’t find this, chopped butterfinger bars would work great too. Great recipes from Chocolate Peanut Butter site, two of my most favorite things.You might also salivate for some Cheesy Ranch Mix



Thats all I got and I gave it to you! Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Yeah, we're in quite the conundrum right now. Seems like we're shall we say shafted no matter which way we turn. Oh well, head down, forge ahead, right? And I can't wait to try that recipe.