A Life's Pursuit: Thursday Thinkings: Journey to the Weekend!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Thinkings: Journey to the Weekend!



Today is the launch of Thursday Thinkings of whose goal I must reveal later. Meanwhile here in now sunny Nashville, it is a day not untypical of any other. It rained in the morning and is completely different by noon. You gotta love change, it never changes. Hopefully the same innocent wonder of childhood is always within us, wondering, exploring and creating dreams in the world around us. There are magic things about kinds that they always love: bubbles, balloons, magic, glow-in-the-dark and 3-D! I must be still a kid at heart too!


Happy 40th Tiny!My nephew is in Disneyland and I am sure he is having a great time. I talked briefly with him by phone and he could hardly contain his excitement. I wonder how I would have felt at that age seeing a giant rat coming toward me; but times have changed since then. This weekend my dearest oldest friend Tiny turns the F' word, 40! We always knew this day would come. It seems funny how old people seem when your aren't their age. I dont suppose I would go back even if I could. Nonetheless birthdays are great! Its a cause for celebration and fun. I think it will be an excellent weekend for a great IMAX 3-D movie, "Journey to the Center of the Earth." Since we already went "Zorbing," and neither of us believe in unnecessary risk (wink), I suppose skydiving is out along with bungie jumping. So lets eat!

butt ox


If it wasnt Thursday, would Friday still be the end of the week? I look forward to the return of the Pensive. My friend Bendy has given me a new nickname that I think I like, "MaxiFrog." Despite sounding like a new mini tampon or FBD (female battery device) [dont steal that, its mine. I meant the acronym] it has some real potiential for a nerd like me. Its a LAM night and that too is more that fun can describe. Hmmm...much rambling about little to be quantified; but you already knew that.

1 comment:

Linda Russell said...

The movie was very fun!
It was great seeing it with the Birthday Girl Tiny