A Life's Pursuit: Gym Aliens! Back to the Basics!!!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gym Aliens! Back to the Basics!!!



gym aliens



Finally its back to the gym for me. Its been at least a month or two since I have been surrounded by the enengy you can only get from being in a good routine in a gym. Moving and family have filled our empty spaces; but now its back to the grind. Its terrifying how easy it is to get out to the groove of things that are a benefit to you. When I entered last night, I had my iPOD ready to blast, my gloves snug and my attitude geared up. As luck would have it, I ran into some people I hadnt seen for many years but a good long time friend. Of course, he was PUMPED! Wurd ChanMan!
back to the basics


I remember being in the zone and some pud who hadnt worked out in a while spending all his time talking about what he used to do and how hard it is to get back into it all walking up to me and whining the whole time. That wasnt going to be me. Ground Zero! Cap snug. Grab weight and zone out. Hit the tunes and hit the iron. I went right for the kill. No, I couldnt do what I used to do. No, it wasnt as easy as it once was. No, I didnt start where I left off. The difference between smart people and wise people is usually some serious injury. Wisdom means you weren't that smart before now. Guess I got both. I am not intimidated by looking like a wienny with wienny-weight. Its the foundations that give you longevity. Form always counts; how much weight is only relative. Trust me, there will always be someone stronger, bigger or else. Anyway, I anticipate being a little sore by tomorrow.


My iPOD day has been great. Today is my Rare Rotation Day. Rare Rotation grooves you with great music from rare grooves, essential funk, the soul of R&B, hip-hop classics, jazz and the best of lounge, electronic, rock and alter. Nothing new under the sun; every river begins as a stream. This podcast always gives me a big surprise when I update for the next morning and moves the day right along.

Anyway...give me a couple of months; you'll see. "I'll be back!"

No comments: