A Life's Pursuit: Fabulous Banana Friday Fixins!

Friday, June 06, 2008

Fabulous Banana Friday Fixins!

I gotta pee!!!

I gotta go...!



Ah, the Music City is earning its name this week. Its CMA Festival time and the city is shuffling with visitors. Nashville is a great city; too small to be hick, to big to be ignored. I like going to lunch seeing a mix of peoples. A stew just isnt as good with just corn. Anyway, its Friday again but it seems like another long week. In spite of just returning from California (which is another town I love) I am fast and furious on my responsibilities that linger from my absence. Its all good. I only play to win; I only lose to learn.

This is a typical story. I left the office at lunch and was in my car before realizing that I needed to take a leak. So where can I go thats quick, convenient and has a clean bathroom. In my case, I went to Arbys. By now, they know me — way too many visits per week. So I park and take the stroll toward the front door. Clearly a busy spot, the warm sun gleaming on my smooth soft brown with a smiley face on my chest and a baseball cap on my dome; all laced with a smile. I yack with the manager about what I wanted and swaggered to the louve. "WHAT!!!???" I walked in and it was Niagara Falls. The urinal was running full blast and running down the wall and floors. Surely someone had been here before me and why wouldnt they have said anything. I guess I better hold it a while longer. I back out with wet soles and inform the manager of my discovery. She asks if I giggled the handle; of course, in case I didnt need to say anything. So with sandwich in hand I am back outside headed for my vehicle thinking about Murphy's Law and how its always funny if you let later be now. I knew if I looked back on this later and thought about all the times Arbys had been guaranteed except this one time I really needed it ..... ha ha ha ha on me.

Off to the office I returned as I finished my sandwich. Hey, I waited this long, I might as well get something good to drink thats cool for the duration of the day. A Red Bull, water and Starbucks DoubleShot Vanilla, I had almost forgotten of my need until I was comfortably at my desk making a 32-pdf. Of course, at this point, everything is completely fine again. Aint life grand. Funny what altered focus will accomplish. Nonetheless; the weekend awaits and I am ready to receive. No plans; just openness! But if I get to cook; here's a thought!

Fabulous Friday Fixins: Again!
This one contains one of my all time favorite sweets. Nilla Wafers. You know which ones; anything else aint worth banannas!

Banana Pudding




Banana Pudding Tarts
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 C. vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 C melted butter
1-2 ripe bananas
1 vanilla pudding mix made according to directions
Redi-Whip or any other whipped topping, if desired

Nilla Wafers

Crush the vanilla wafers. Melt butter, or margarine. Mix
crumbs and butter well.

Partially fill a muffin pan with the mix. Press firmly to
the sides and bottom making a cup. Put in freezer for 2
hours.

Make the pudding mix while the crusts are in the freezer.
Let it set a bit in the fridge.

Slice bananas into 1/2" slices.

Use a pointed knife, gently release shells from pan. Place
on a large plate or cookie sheet.

Put a banana slice in the bottom, then a dollop of the
pudding...fill with pudding. Chill to fully set.

Put another slice on top...I put them on their edge so they
sit up on top. A squish of whipped cream is nice, too.
Another great recipe


Well thats all I got; so go get yours.

No comments: