A Life's Pursuit: Simmering Friday Fixin's for Turkeys!

Friday, May 23, 2008

Simmering Friday Fixin's for Turkeys!

wild turkey



Its another beautiful sunny May day in Nashville, Tennessee. Its been one of those easy-going days. this morning, I was greeted by an enormous wild turkey in my back yard. I was confused whether he could hear me walking toward the long row of windows or not. He immediately looked in my direction and popped all his feathers up. Friday is moving quickly and the hassels have been minimal. My iPOD of course has changed how I work and probably increased my productivity too. Not only can I privately listen to new or favorite music; but I can also be learning new things from some great podcasts while I am designing or even just the occassional production tasks. Its all good! It's become so normal that I dont even notice that I am driving or eating or whatever with my earplugs still in until I get that "are you listening glare." I am sure its going to be a great weekend. So do I have any "dream interpretueurs" out there? Its been a month of odd dreams for me. Anyway, the only thing that really matters this weekend is my 6 year wedding anniversary. Its been a great decision and an incredible relationship. I look forward to another couple of decades. And now, on to what you came for!


Its time for some of those incredible Friday Fixins from something that might just take you back to a time of lets remember. Who doesnt love vanilla wafers?!!!


Vanilla Wafer Cake




* Vanilla Wafer Cake

1 C butter or margarine
6 eggs
1/2 C milk
2 C sugar
16 oz vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs
8 oz Angel Flake coconut
1 C chopped pecans
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9" bundt pan well.
Cream butter and add sugar. Beat untill smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time. Beat batter well after each egg.
Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs a bit at a time alternating
with milk. Add coconut and pecans.

Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake 1 1/2 hours. Cool completely before taking out of pan.
I loosen the cake from the pan with a narrow rubber spatula
and/or a table knife. It can stick to the pan so take your time.

Put the cake plate on top and turn over. Release. Powder with the sugar.

This is too yummy with ice cream...vanilla, butter pecan, rum raisin...my mouth is watering!

Another version
Flora's Version


Enjoy your incredible weekend. Make the most of your opportunities.

No comments: