A Life's Pursuit: Once a Lifetime!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Once a Lifetime!

dolphins birthing




Happy Birthday Pickle!


There are very few things that are as precious as the moments that only happen once. They mark a line drawn into the sand of time that separates before and after. Though not always good; it is always undeniable. My sweetie celebrates her birthday. I am glad that day happened. I wish I could have gotten to her sooner; but I wouldn't have been myself yet .... or would I? Are we ourselves regardless or are ourselves evolving through the context of our experiences? Hmmm...thats an odd normal blog.

Anyway, our birthdays happen only once; but we celebrate them every year at least once. Obviously there are better days than others for that special day to fall on; but its still special. Not only does it represent when someone arrives to the lucky mud; it also indicates a relationship of two others before you. Are we not all the product of someone else's relations??? Does that effect who we are as much as it determines who we will be?

Birthdays are filled with cakes, kisses and candles. Speaking of candles; it reminds me of the spark of life - when two people get together with the fire of passion that ignites a new generation; hence a birthday. Hmmm...watch your sparks. Sunday I heard a great sermon about the power of the mouth to destroy or build. Consider a ship in all its majesty, guided by a tiny rudder... a forest burned down by a tiny spark. Very good message on being mindful of what we say and the power of words spoken.

No comments: