A Life's Pursuit: Jesus, Fallon and Easter Birthdays

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jesus, Fallon and Easter Birthdays





Its Tuesday and its gonna be another exciting week of strangenesses....but I kinda like that. I have been on hiatus for a week to let my tiny brain rest and focus on other things. It was a great weekend! So here's a short recap. Friday nite we celebrated Cass' 40th birthday at Zanies. The headliner was great and very funny; but the surprise guest was Jimmy Fallon from Saturday Nite Live, which made the night even better. Tom was laid back in the cut and we all enjoyed food, friendship and laughs. Paris Hilton and Jimmy Saturday was a blur other than great quality time with sweetie and a killer workout that I am just now beginning to have soreness relief. Sunday, of course was Easter. We watched a tremendous program at church and had a great meal with the kids. No holiday is complete without gummy bears! Even the meal was non traditional....italian chicken spaggetti with green beans, mashed potatoes, blueberry muffins, corn and portebello mushrooms. Ahhh....I gotta get back to the gym.


holy bible and bars



So here we are at Tuesday. Tonite should be very interesting. In our house-hunting antics, we encountered some ministry folks who have night service under the bridge in downtown Nashville. Of course, that raised an eyebrow and I inquired for more details. "They weren't looking for voyeurs, there will be things to do," the slender but happy man replied while smiling from the side of his mouth. "Good," I retorted with my own smirk, "that sounds real to me. I'm in." I was told to be prepared for anything; miracles, drunks and wonder! Dress down and prepare to serve and share...what a cutline. Anyway, I am sure it will be food for a note-worthy blog later. I did find this great blog on Nashville Under the Bridge, I think.

I have always noted that Jesus didnt spend his time on a padded pew, accompanied by "church people" or locked int he confines of what is considered "traditional Christianity;" a term that has come to mean so many things these days. I prefer the path least taken. If possible, I don't want to walk; I'd rather be up there in the wild blue yonder where there are less limits and no walls and miracles are commonplace. I have known those who have claimed to see or have seen demons; its not that I dont believe them; but I want to see it with my own eyes. I want to be in the action and authority of the moment; not just on the sidelines in the jersey. I'll show you my scars after I wash off the mud and grass and blood from battle. The bottomline: if you think its bad when Bruce Banner gets angry; imagine Jesus.



1 comment:

Linda Russell said...

It was certainly an amazing God Centered night