A Life's Pursuit: Fabulous Friday Fixin's Thursday Kissings

Friday, February 15, 2008

Fabulous Friday Fixin's Thursday Kissings

...OK...my apetite is sky-high right now; so lets think about food. It's the day after Valentine's Day and I hope you enjoyed yours half as much as I did. What a holiday. What can be better than love; I don't know and I am sure I've tried it. Se La Vie! Bon Apetite! Love has got to include red hot strawberries and deep sweet chocolate — how could you go wrong with this one. Besides, you can love the calories away. mmmmmm....

ruby red strawberries

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RECIPE: STRAWBERRY BROWNIE SPLIT

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

INGREDIENTS:



BROWNIE
1 (15.8 ounce) pkg Brownie Mix
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg

FILLING
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 to 2 tablespoons Amaretto
2 pints (4 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced

DIRECTIONS: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 9-inch round pans with foil; lightly spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Mix brownie mix according to box. Divide batter evenly into sprayed foil-lined pans; spread evenly. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool 20 minutes. Remove brownies from pans by lifting foil. Cool completely (about 1 hour) and remove foil. In small bowl, combine whipped topping and Amaretto; fold gently to mix.

To assemble dessert, place one complete brownie layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread with half of filling mixture. Arrange half of sliced strawberries in thin layer over filling. Top with second brownie, top side up. Spread with remaining mixture. Arrange remaining strawberry slices over top. Refrigerate until ready to serve. END.





Now, on to the dish about my Valentine's Day spoils! First off: I'm a fortunate man. I have a great wifey whom I love and certainly am well loved by; so its a tremendous holiday to enjoy. Last night was spectacular! Upon opening the door, I am overcome with the indescribably delicious aroma from a roast in the oven. (Yes...its straight through the stomach.) Flanked with some veggies for energy and stamina; it's just nice coming home. We dined and watched my almost favorite show, eli stone before dessert (nuf said ... smirk) On to the gadgets! Well she really out did herself this time. Aside from my favorite candies, gummy bears, reeses peanut butter cups and the like, I did get a cool stuffed frog holding heart candies (he's still holding 'em).

But here's the SmackDown. SPI-Dog! Yes, its Spiderman meets man's best friend with an ipod offspring. Spi-Dog is the latest in a huge line of iPod compatible add-ons.
Spi-Dog!


But it goes a whole lot further than relaying the hip beats from your digital music player (or CD player, for that matter) through its nifty internal speaker. It actually jigs along to the music and keeps time, frantically keeping up with the latest techno tunes and rocking on down to more classic guitar-based riffs. As we believe they're called. In fact, this is a contraption that seriously knows its music. But beware, for this is a beast that needs to be fed. And his soul food is music, of course. So pay him too little attention and play him too little music and he'll sulk. You have been warned.

...but wait; there's more! Finally the GrandSLAM SMACKDOWN! Hmmm....its something shiny, small, and hot!

Nano Nano!

ipod nano



Well, I probably dont have to tell you where this gift ranked. What you wouldnt believe is that this ole mac guy knows almost nothing about this Apple trensetter. I like music, I just dont go out of my way for it despite my broad musical tastes. Of course, you already know more about this stuff than I but here's some dish. It’s the small iPod with one very big idea: Video. Now the world’s most popular music player lets you enjoy TV shows, movies, video podcasts, and more. The larger, brighter display means amazing picture quality. In six eye-catching colors, iPod nano is stunning all around. And with 4GB and 8GB models starting at just $149, little speaks volumes. Learn more

Anyway, I have only gotten thirty five songs loaded and still learning how it works. Needless to say, its NICE!


Great woman, great gifts, great love, great marriage, great life, great friends and family and an extremely sweet Valentine's Day.....it's all so exhausting. My fingers are beat. All that is swell; but holding her heartbeat in my arms far outweighs all these. Wifey, I am pretty lucky that I found you and wore you down til we grew better together. Kiss kiss. Still thinking about that fabulous dinner despite my skipping workout again :)... If you were my cheescake.............oops; but you are!




2 comments:

Bendy said...

Holy Cow!! It was like Christmas at your abode!! Pickle is a keeper :)

Linda Russell said...

My sweet dark chocolate knight...
what a great night it was.
I loved my flowers, necklace, card and the heart to hold my papers.

I am glad you found me and that after you did, I stopped running