A Life's Pursuit: Phoenominal Frugal Friday Fixin's

Friday, January 11, 2008

Phoenominal Frugal Friday Fixin's

Keep the pantry stocked for emergencies..!

Ramen Noodles
Eat with your eyes!


This one is straight out of my survival 101. Its a love affair that began in college when I was broke more than I was breathing. It saved me many times from the pains of hunger. To this day, I keep this one on hand and stocked in the pantry for some moment that I may not want to go out or I need something really quick.


Ramen Beef Cassarole

Ingredients:
2 packages of your favorite Ramen Noodles
1 tbs butter
1 can of mushrooms
onion flakes
1 beef/chicken beef bullion cube
1 can of your favorite soup (Chunky Vegtable Beef )
marbled shredded cheese

In a shallow dish, add mushrooms, bullion cube, onion flakes and butter and heat to boiling. Cover. As the water boils away, the butter will begin to fry the mushrooms. Mushrooms are ready in 15 mins. Remain covered.

Heat soup and simmer. I rarely use anything straight from the can so I put a dash of black pepper or red to slap a little kick to it. Of course, recipes are just roadmaps to your taste utopia, so experiment.

Last: In a large stir, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add Ramen Noodles to boiling water. In 3 mins, remove the noodles from heat. There's nothing worse than over-cooked Ramens. Noodles may appear to be not completely cooked; but they are perfect. Drain. Add butter; then flavor packet. This will keep the noodles from sticking together.

Arrange noodles into a ring on the plate, leaving a large circle in the middle. Pour soup the middle. Crown with mushrooms and cheese.

The beautiful colors from the rich ingredients in the vegtable soup contrasting with the golden sauteed mushrooms and marbled cheeese are just gorgeous! Bon Apetit!




Cooking is fun and cooking can be easy. In the end, you just want to eat! If you can do that with very little hassle or expense,
doesnt it taste even better? It's been a nice smooth Friday like a canoe pushing from the shore. The weekend is ahead; do something fun and
different. Look for new things in the old and find something remarkable in the same. We miss so much in the hustle and bustle which reminds me of a funny "in a hurry story." Crockpot Krazies

If I hadnt seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. Life is funny that way, isnt it.

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Ah, how fortunate I read this blog. I had forgotten that I had bought a bag of Ramen two weeks ago and had at least three small cans of mushrooms wasting away. Put a can in with the noodles last night and had an excellent brunch this afternoon. Most fortunate I, though my workspace smells kind-of funny.